ERA LEARN 2020
The ERA-LEARN 2020 project is a 3.5-year initiative (2015-2018), following up on its predecessors, the FP7 projects ERA-LEARN, NETWATCH and JPIs ToCoWork.
Designed as a support initiative for the P2P community, the main objectives of ERA-LEARN 2020 include
- providing a web-based information, learning and support platform for P2P;
- supporting the ongoing optimisation of P2P networks;
- implementing a systematic process for monitoring & impact assessment of P2P networks, including their impact at the policy level, the programme level and the co-funded RTD project-level;
- assessing and benchmarking current approaches to alignment and exploring options for new modalities that will better align national and/or regional activities under common research agendas;
- implementing an annual cycle of knowledge exchange aimed at increasing the impact of investment in P2P activities, and exploring options to support less research intensive countries.
The consortium consists of 7 funding organisations and 4 organisations specialising in analysis:
- FFG (AT)
- Austrian Institute of Technology (AT)
- PT-DLR (DE)
- VDI/VDE-IT (DE)
- Academy of Finland (FI)
- Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (FR)
- Enterprise Ireland (IE)
- MIUR (IT)
- Research Council of Norway (NO)
- Optimat (UK)
- University of Manchester (UK).
ERA-LEARN 2020 has a strong background in practical P2P operation, with the 7 funding organisations involved in more than 300 initiatives (ERA-NETs, JPIs, Art.185) in FP6, FP7 and H2020. Thus the consortium is well qualified for elaborating and providing guidance and learning material.
Diagram: ERA LEARN 2020
ERA-LEARN 2020 merges the scope of activities of the 3 predecessor projects into 1 initiative and expands it to provide a community-driven web-based platform as well as guidance and support for the P2P community, including the wider activities of joint programming, particularly the JPIs, Art.185 and ERA-NET Cofund.