Global Challenges and European Industrial Competitiveness
Under Horizon Europe, the major societal challenges and European industrial competitiveness will be addressed under pillar two in six clusters:
- Culture, Creativity and Inclusive Society
- Civil Security for Society
- Digital, Industry and Space
- Climate, Energy and Mobility
- Food, Bioeconomy, Natural Resources, Agriculture and Environment.
The measures under this clusters are intended to generate new knowledge and contribute to the development from laboratory to market of first-class innovations in the EU and thus cover the entire innovation cycle. In addition to research and development activities, science communication, standardization, socio-economic and sustainability aspects as well as the promotion of gender equality will be horizontal elements of the programme.
Pillar two has a budget of EUR 53.8 billion which is around 56% of the total budget of Horizon Europe.