European Innovation Agenda
The Commission Communication ‘A new European Innovation Agenda’ was adopted on 5 of July. The Communication focuses on the measures that will enable innovators - including deep tech startups - to take better advantage of the single market and attract new institutional investors to strengthen financial and capital markets and to commercialise and scale deep tech companies in the EU.
The Communication includes actions grouped under five flagship areas:
- Funding for deep tech scale-ups;
- Enabling deep tech innovation through experimentation spaces and public procurement;
- Accelerating and strengthening innovation in European Innovation Ecosystems across the EU and addressing the innovation divide;
- Fostering, attracting and retaining deep tech talents;
- Improving policy making tools.