Council Conclusions summarise the political messages of research ministers. A substantial part of these messages builds on foundations that are elaborated before the Council Conclusions. The ERA Council Conclusions on the Governance of the European Research Area were adopted by the Competitiveness Council (Research) on 30 November 2018.
The Council Conclusions on the ERA Governance build on the content of the following important documents:
Concerning "ERA Advisory Structure":
- Council Conclusions on the review of the European Research Area advisory structure
- ERAC Opinion on the European Research Area Roadmap 2015-2020
- Terms of Reference on the Review of the "ERA Advisory Structure"
- ERAC Report on the review of the “ERA Advisory Structure”
Concerning “Studies relevant to ERA”:
- Science, Research and Innovation Performance Report
- European Innovation Scoreboard
- OECD STI-Outlook 2018, in particular the ERA-related chapter
Concerning “Progress on the ERA Agenda”: