Seconded National Expert - Legal Advice regarding research framework programme management
The seconded national expert ist to
- Provide legal advice and assistance on legal and financial matters in the phase of grant agreement (GA) implementation in the context of Horizon Europe as well as Horizon 2020 and previous framework programmes, as regards: Costs eligibility, Financial reporting, Forms of funding, GAs amendments, Termination of participation and of GAs, Rejection of costs and reductions, Financial audits, Legal and financial validation.
- Provide financial expertise on specific costs-related issues such as personnel costs including project-based remuneration systems, internal invoicing, financial support to third parties, simplified forms of funding including lump sum contribution, under both Horizon 2020 and Horizon Europe programmes.
- Provide advice and/or supervision on legal matters and/or issues in briefings, speeches and other publications addressed to a public outside the Commission.
- Draft replies to internal and external questions sent to the unit's helpdesk
- Prepare, review, contribute to the preparation of guidelines and template documents
- Contribute to the drafting and the updates of model grant agreements (MGAs)
- Draft or participate in the drafting of written contributions (e.g.: speech, briefings, articles) as requested by the HoU
- Conduct conceptual reflections and assist on elaborating strategic documents on themes relevant to the Directorate and the DG
- Provide internal trainings to colleagues in the R&I DGs, and make presentations to stakeholders at Coordinator’s days, the Horizon 2020 Webinars on reduction of error rate and future Horizon Europe Communication Campaign - under the supervision of an AD Commission official.
The suggested initial duration is 1 year starting in the third quarter of 2022.
For more information about the nature of the tasks and the main qualifications, please refer to the detailed vacancy notice to be downloaded here.