16 Nov 2023
Germany adopts National ERA Action Plan
In November 2023, the German Government adopted a "National Action Plan for the European Research Area". The action plan serves as a guideline for German EU research and innovation policy until 2027. It shows how the Federal Government intends to use national activities to fulfil the objectives of the European Research Area.
Three guidelines point the way for Germany's contribution to the national organisation of the European Research Area. The guidelines link the European priorities of the "Pact for Research and Innovation in Europe" with the national goals and measures of the "Future Strategy for Research and Innovation". 6 fields of action are each supported with targeted measures:
- Shaping the economic and social transformation with technological sovereignty
- Putting knowledge into practice
- Modernising framework conditions for open and excellent research cooperation
- Removing barriers to European cooperation
- Strengthening participation in the research and innovation system
- Shaping global cooperation in a value-based and secure way.
The Action Plan can be downloaded here (in German, an English version will follow soon):