02 Feb 2024
EARTO publishes position paper on new ERA Policy agenda
In the context of the current update of the ERA Policy Agenda 2025-2027, EARTO has published a position paper in order to bring key issues to the attention of the Member States and the European Commission.
In the paper, EARTO recommends that any new ERA Action should aim to build upon and orchestrate the different initiatives existing at European, national, and regional levels, using a strategic directionality approach targeting the green and digital transition, and avoiding duplication of efforts. The new ERA Policy Agenda should embrace the whole RD&I spectrum in a balanced way, from basic research to technology maturation to innovation scale-up/deployment. EARTO underlines that RPOs would have different operating and business models that require specific attention. Their expertise could be used more efficiently in the context of shaping and developing the directionality of future EU RD&I policy.
In this context, EARTO points out the following key ERA Actions for the next ERA Policy Agenda 2025-2027:
- Set up a concrete roadmap to achieve the 3% EU GDP R&D investment target
- Support the EC services to develop a New Communication on Technology Infrastructures (TIs)
- Co-create Common Industrial Technology Roadmaps with key stakeholders like RTOs
- Develop and exploit effective synergies between EU, national and regional Programmes
- Support the EC efforts to make research careers in Europe more attractive
The position paper can be downloaded here: