15 Nov 2023
EIC receives 371 proposals in October 2023 Pathfinder Challenges cut-off
The European Innovation Council (EIC) received 371 project proposals for its 25 October 2023 EIC Pathfinder Challenges cut-off. The 371 proposals included a total of 2,077 participants and requested €1.3 billion in grant support. The proposals are divided over the five EIC Pathfinder Challenges as follows:
- 116 proposals under "Responsible electronics"
- 81 proposals under "Precision nutrition"
- 69 proposals under "Clean and efficient cooling"
- 66 proposals under " Architecture, Engineering and Construction digitalisation for a novel triad of design, fabrication and materials"
- 39 proposals under "In-space solar energy harvesting for innovative space applications".
Applicants are coming from 41 countries. The total indicative budget for this call is €163.5 million which is expected to be allocated in approximately equal shares across the Challenges. The evaluation process has begun, and the results will be available in March 2024.
The EIC Pathfinder Challenges provides funding for projects with thematic priorities. Grants of up to €4 million support early-stage development of future technologies (e.g. various activities at low Technology Readiness Levels 1-3), up to proof of concept.
For more information: