Financial Officer (Temporary Agent)
The Innovative Medicines Initiative 2 Joint Undertaking (IMI2 JU) is working to improve health by speeding up the development of, and patient access to, innovative medicines, particularly in areas where there is an unmet medical or social need.
As a member of the Scientific and Operations Unit, the Financial Officer will be part of IMI’s financeoperational team, dealing with grant management and collaborating with a wider team of Scientific Officers and Legal Officers. The Financial Officer will report directly to the Head of Scientific Operations (HoSO).
The tasks of the Financial Officer will include,amongst others, the following:
- verify financial transactions, payment and contract files, making sure they comply with IMI 2 joint undertaking financial rules, contract terms and budget provisions;
- act as verifier for financial files,ensuring the quality of transactions;
- review, analyse and report in-kind contributions and financial contributions reported by Members other than the Union and Associated Partners for the IMI2 program;
- in collaboration with the IMI Audit Liaison Officer,ensure adequate follow-up of issues related to audit implementation for closed projects;
- provide financial advice and support for operational activities;
- draft and/or contribute to the review and updating of IMI JU’s financial documents, guidelines and standard operating procedures to ensure efficient and harmonised internal processesand appropriate use of IMI2JU/H2020 IT tools;
- contribute to drafting and delivering presentations of financial training sessions for internal staff and external participants;
- perform various financial tasks and activities of IMI JU (for instance compile and/or prepare financial and statistical data for dissemination purposes, or prepare reports on the attainment of IMI performance measurements).
The successful candidate may be required to undertake other tasks and activities as necessary under the responsibility of the Head of Science Operations according to the evolution and development of IMI2 JU’s structure or activities.
Reference number: IMI2/2020/TA/002
For further information please consult the attached Vacancy notice.