The Innovative Medicines Initiative 2 Joint Undertaking (IMI2 JU) is working to improve health by speeding up the development of, and patient access to, innovative medicines, particularly in areas where there is an unmet medical or social need. With a €3.3 billion budget for the period 2014-2024, IMI2 JU is the world's biggest public-private partnership (PPP) in the life sciences. Half of the IMI2 JU budget (€1.638 billion) comes from Horizon 2020, the EU's framework programme for research and innovation. This will match €1.425 billion committed to the programme by EFPIA companies, plus up to €213 million that could be committed by other life science industries or organisations that decide to contribute to IMI2 JU as members or associated partners in individual projects. The specific goal of the IMI2 JU is to develop next generation vaccines, medicines and treatments, such as
The Communications Assistant will provide support to the Communications and Institutional Relations Unit operations in:
- Contributing to the logistical and administrative aspects related to the organisation of IMI external events and webinars as well as other activities;
- Implementing marketing & promotion activities: giveaways, allocation and stock-management;
- Keeping the IMI website up to date;
- Building and managing the mailing lists and contact database;
- Tracking and reporting website statistics and social media analytics;
- Assisting in the dissemination of IMI’s newsletters and mailings;
- Assisting in the implementation and monitoring of visual identity guidelines;
- Managing procurement related to communications activities;
- Managing the team's finances;
- Liaising with providers and subcontractors;
- Contributing to the launch and promotion of IMI Calls for proposals as required;
- Contributing to the communications team's reporting requirements.
The successful candidate might undertake other tasks and activities when necessary, as requested by the Head of Communications and Institutional Relations, as tasks may evolve according to the development of IMI’s structure or activities.
For more information please consult the attached Vacancy notice.