Seconded National Expert - Economics of Agriculture Expert (JRC-D-4)
Nature of the Tasks:
The Economics of Agriculture Unit is looking for an experienced researcher/economist to contribute to the analysis at micro level (farm and regional levels) of (i) EU agricultural and trade policies and (ii) food and nutrition related policies in developing countries, using economic models, mainly based on mathematical programming techniques.
More specifically his/her main tasks will be to:
- carry out economic research on the impacts of agricultural and food security related policies in EU and developing countries
- contribute to the development and maintenance of economic models for analysing the micro-level impacts of agricultural & development policies;
- develop and maintain programming code and databases;
- coordinate primary data collection with sub-contracted local experts (collected data will feed quantitative economic tools for the analysis of agricultural & development policies); data treatment and analysis using advanced statistical techniques;
- initiate, manage and monitor related research projects; this will include the preparation of technical specifications and validating and evaluating research results and publications; draft reports for policy makers; and contribute to the cooperation with policy services and development of the international network of cooperation of JRC.
ONLY those applications, which are submitted by the Permanent Representation, will be considered. Interested parties are requested to submit their application documents (Europass CV, letter of motivation and employer's consent) by 18 February 2020 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The specified application deadline must be strictly adhered to.
Only the "Europass CV" form (https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/de/documents/curriculum-vitae ) should be used to prepare the curriculum vitae. Candidates must indicate in each document the exact name of the position they are applying for.
For more information on applicants profile, requirements and selection procedure, please consult the attached documents.