Seconded National Expert - Raw Materials Strategy Expert (GROW-C-2)
Nature of the Tasks:
To contribute, from a technical point of view, to the implementation of the EU's raw materials strategy, as defined in the Commission’s Communications COM (2008) 699 final and COM (2011) 25 final.
This involves notably:
- to contribute to the analysis of the competitiveness of the non-energy extractive industries of the EU, and to follow-up of all policies that have an impact on the sector.
- to contribute to the research and innovation aspects of the EU raw materials strategy, notably the drafting of the future Research and Innovation EU Programme 2021-2027 and the follow up of the commitments under the EIP on Raw Materials.
- to follow up and lead contributions regarding the seabed mining file (follow-up of the EC and international initiatives and actions)
- to contribute to international co-operation on raw materials initiatives to follow up and lead initiatives to support the development of satellite data based services for the extractive industries life cycle (at the EU level and international co-operation aspects);
- to follow up and contribute from a DG GROW perspective to the EU policies and actions in the areas of extractive waste and land use planning.
- to contribute to the work of the Commission's Raw Materials Supply Group and European Innovation Partnership on Raw Materials
- to contribute to Commission positions relating to exploration and extraction of raw materials, mining technologies, minerals processing and refining.
Close and regular contacts are required with the responsible Commission departments, Member States and relevant stakeholders.
ONLY those applications, which are submitted by the Permanent Representation, will be considered. Interested parties are requested to submit their application documents (Europass CV, letter of motivation and employer's consent) by 18 February 2020 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The specified application deadline must be strictly adhered to.
Only the "Europass CV" form (https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/de/documents/curriculum-vitae ) should be used to prepare the curriculum vitae. Candidates must indicate in each document the exact name of the position they are applying for.
For more information on applicants profile, requirements and selection procedure, please consult the attached documents.