The Joint Programming Initiative ‘A Healthy Diet for a Healthy Life’ is looking for candidates for the position of chair.
- a passion for nutrition and health research which is likely to be reflected in a professional track record, a vision for the future and a large, relevant network;
- experience with governance, ideally in a setting that dealt with connecting research and policy;
- the ability to command respect amongst all JPI HDHL stakeholder groups, professionals across a range of disciplines, the public, secretariat staff,etc.;
- commitment to a spirit of partnership and common purpose among diverse stakeholders who share some,but not all, of their goals;
- the ability to synthesise information and opinions from multiple sources and build consensus;
- commitment to the highest standards of integrity in organisational life;
- preferably a thorough knowledge of and experience withworking with the European Commission.
The chair is expected to:
- foster a relationship of trust and cooperation among partners;
- facilitate consensus on issues and actions –both at MB meetings and in between, as needed;
- promote joint working where this can add value;
- be a figurehead and ambassador for nutrition research, promoting excellence and ambition;
- work in close cooperationwith the secretariat;
The time investment is estimated at an average of 2-4 hours per week, though this is not equally distributed throughout the year. For example, for the preparation and chairing of the Management Board meetings (3 times per year) a time investment of ca. 2-3 days is neededin a short period. The JPI HDHL can only reimburse the travel expenses and cannot provide any financial compensation for the invested time.
For more information on the vacancy profile please see the attached vacancy note or visit the JPI Website.