Seconded National Expert - RTD.03 "Chief Scientific Advisers, SAM, EGE"
Unit RTD.03 is responsible for ensuring the proper functioning of the Group of Chief Scientific Advisors (former SAM) set up to support the Commission in its political activities by means of independent, high quality scientific advice. RTD.03 ensures close links with National Academies and Learned Societies, also using the relevant results of the Framework Programmes for Research. The unit will provide the Secretariat of the Group of Chief Scientific Advisers, preparing for meetings, facilitating access to scientific sources for the development of scientific advice, and contributing to the writing of opinions from the group. The members of the unit monitor developments in European policies and maintain close contacts with other Directorates-General. RTD.03 members will also need to take into account the situation at national level as well as all opinions issued to national governments. They evaluate available scientific advice and help identify new policy developments that would benefit from scientific insight. This requires good knowledge of the scientific and public debates as well as a solid knowledge of the different scientific databases.
The seconded national expert will:
- Support the Group of Chief Scientific Advisors;
- Evaluate, in collaboration with colleagues in the unit, the available scientific analyses in the areas relevant to the work of the Group of Chief Scientific Advisors;
- Respond to potential needs and demands for new scientific advice;
- Contribute to the preparation and presentation of scientific reports and advice;
- Follow the political developments of the European Union;
- Have regular contact with the other services of the European Commission seeking scientific advice;
- Contribute to briefing notes or presentations on the work of the Group of Chief Scntific Advisors.
Only the "Europass CV" form (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/home/hornav/Introduction.csp?loc=en_EN) should be used to prepare the curriculum vitae. Candidates must indicate in each document the exact name of the position they are applying for.