The European Marine Board (EMB) invites applications for the position of Science Officer at the EMB secretariat in Ostend, Belgium. This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a dynamic, professional Secretariat to promote and advance marine science on behalf of the EMB membership of institutions from across Europe. The post involves regular visits to Brussels and some international travel.
Specific duties of the position:
- Supporting the EMB’s strategic foresight and science policy activities and providing, in a timely manner, highquality papers, minutes and reports;
- Ensuring compliance with external contracts through full and timely reporting, liaising with external partners and drafting proposals for new contracts;
- Taking responsibility for adherence to budgets of specific activities and providing necessary information to support preparation of regular financial reports;
- Representing the EMB at external meetings;
- Contributing to science communication (material for hard copy publication, online dissemination and electronic communication such as infographics) and outreach of EMB publications and developments;
- Maintaining an up-to-date awareness of relevant scientific and research policy developments;
- Undertaking other specific tasks at the request of the Executive Director
More information can be found here.