Senior Policy Officer
Science Europe is an association of major public European Research Funding Organisations (RFO) and Research Performing Organisations (RPO) from 27 countries. They promote the collective interests of their Member Organisations, through advocacy and support them in their efforts to foster European research by offering a platform for collaboration. They contribute to the development of robust research policies in Europe and to the European Research Area through engagement with key partners. Science Europe aisbl is based in Brussels (Belgium), their offices are ideally located in the so-called EU area and easily accessible by public transport.
You will be part of a team that is the leading force in supporting collaboration among our Members, for developing advocacy strategies on key issues for scientific research in Europe, and for advising the Science Europe governance on policy developments. To do so, you and your colleagues work closely with experts from our Member Organisations and with relevant external partners.
- You have strong analytical thinking and policy awareness with the ability to interpret and explain policy developments to various audiences;
- You are service-oriented and demonstrate concern for meeting the needs of Member Organisations;
- You have proven capacity to deal with stakeholders and broker common positions;
- You have strong inter-personal, external networking, negotiation and persuasion skills;
- You have strong organisational skills, and the ability to manage time and to work to deadlines;
- You are team-oriented and able to work collaboratively with colleagues for a common goal;
- You have a pro-active, flexible and ‘hands on’ approach to work.
Please note, that the position is open until filled.
More information can be found here.