The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) is an Agency of the European Union with specific regulatory responsibilities and executive tasks in the area of aviation safety. Based in Cologne, Germany, EASA plays a key role in the European Union’s strategy to establish and maintain a high uniform level of civil aviation safety in Europe.
The job holder will contribute to the work of the Research Team in developing and implementing the Agency’s research plan.
- Formulating and implementing the Agency’s research programme in coordination with the other Directorates of the Agency;
- Overseeing the Agency’s research programme by tracking the progress of research projects and ensuring that schedules, deliverables and expenditures are conformed to the agreed budget and payment schedule;
- Developing, deploying and maintaining the IT tools related to the tracking of the progress of research projects;
- Coordinating the Agency’s research projects with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ensuring that the deliverables and recommendations from research projects are communicated;
- Developing a research knowledge data base and maintaining a close cooperation with aeronautical research service providers, academic institutes, and technology experts;
- Acting as focal point for advice on the research process;
- Maintaining a relationship of trust and mutual respect with the members of the international research community.
More information can be found in the attached job description.