Scientific Project Officer
The Innovative Medicines Initiative 2 Joint Undertaking (IMI2 JU) is working to improve health by speeding up the development of, and patient access to, innovative medicines, particularly in areas where there is an unmet medical or social need. It does this by facilitating collaboration between the key players involved in healthcare research, including universities, the pharmaceutical and other industries, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), patient organisations, and medicines regulators. IMI2 JU is a partnership between the European Union and the European pharmaceutical industry, represented by the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA).
The Scientific Project Officer will be assigned duties and responsibilities within the scientific operations team related to the planning, management and implementation of research and development activities and the follow-up of the entire cycle of projects.
The Scientific Project Officer will be in particular responsible for:
- Contributing to the planning, management and monitoring of calls for proposals/tenders, the evaluation processes, the grant preparation stage and the monitoring of launched projects;
- Ensuring adequate follow-up of issues related to project implementation, contractual obligations and the management of external expertise;
- The management of the technical aspects of contracts linked to the preparation and implementation of the projects, or to collaborate during the preparation of such contracts;
- The co-ordination and networking aspects of IMI2 JU projects;
- Providing statistical input for IMI2 JU papers, communications or other documents concerning the IMI2 JU objectives and performance measurement;
- Promoting awareness of evaluation needs and benefits within IMI2 JU;
- Participating in the implementation of IMI2 JU scientific priorities;
- Reporting on evaluation activities of IMI2 JU;
- Collaborating in the activities of the scientific team.
The successful candidate might undertake other tasks and activities as necessary under the responsibility of the Head of Scientific Operations as tasks may evolve according to the development of IMI2 JU structure or activities.
More information can be found here.