EARTO publishes answer to Consultation on Horizon Europe implementation aspects
On 23 September 2019, EARTO published its contribution to the EC Consultation on Horizon Europe implementation aspects. EARTO appreciates the efforts of the EU Institutions to preserve continuity in the Framework Programme’s rules for participation while further improving simplification and efficiency. In its paper, EARTO calls on the European Institutions to:
- Preserve continuity with the Horizon 2020 approach based on hourly rate for the reimbursement of personnel costs.
- Enable the allocation of direct technical costs to projects using unit costs via allocation keys based on the usual cost accounting practices of the beneficiary.
- Improve measures for ex-ante assurance by relying on System & Process Audits performed by national qualified auditors.
- Evaluate and analyse the financial and operational impact of the lump-sum approach on H2020 projects prior to any extension of the lump-sum approach.
- Foster a balanced approach between Open Science and Intellectual Property (IP)’s policies.
The paper can be downloaded here.TOP