UAS4Europe presents position paper on FP9
UAS4EUROPE, a joint initiative of universities of applied sciences, has recently published its position paper on the upcoming 9th Framework Programme for Research and Innovation (FP9). The paper includes a list of recommendations to the European Commission for the successor programme of Horizon 2020:
- Including Smart Partnerships for Regional Impact (SPFRI), which foster the collaboration between, universities of applied sciences, universities, RTOs, companies, regions and other public and private stakeholders with strong added value on the basis of excellence.
- Increasing the budget to EUR120 billion for seven years
- Keeping the three-pillar-structure
- Ensuring better integration of Social Sciences, Humanities and the Arts (SSHA) and simultaneously the inclusion of broader themes relevant to UAS, such as social work and artistic research and design
- Addressing problems and challenges with achieving genuine synergies with Structural Funds
- Focussing on all forms of innovation, from incremental to disruptive and breakthrough innovation
- Making FP9 as simple as possible
- Ensuring a truly ‘open to the world’ FP9
UAS4EUROPE is a joint initiative of EURASHE, UASnet, swissuniversities, Hochschule Bayern e.V. (supported by the Bavarian Research Alliance) and the Austrian FHK to promote the voice of Universities of Applied Sciences (UAS) in Europe in the field of applied research and innovation.