Commission publishes "Lamy" Report
On 3 July 2017, the High Level Group on maximising impact of EU Research and Innovation Programmes, chaired by Pascal Lamy, published its final report on the occasion of the 'Research & Innovation – Shaping our Future' conference in Brussels. The group's main message and vision is that investing in research and innovation is increasingly crucial for shaping a better European future in a rapidly globalising world, where success depends ever more on the production and conversion of knowledge into innovation. Therefore the High Level Group summarises eleven recommendations including:
- Prioritising R&I in EU and national budgets
- Building a true innovation policy that creates future markets
- Designing an R&I Programme for greater impact
- Educating for the future and investing in people who will make the change
- Adopting a mission-oriented, impact-focused approach to address global challenges
- Rationalising the EU funding landscape and achieving synergy with structural funds
- Simplifying further.
The report can be downloaded here.
An interview with Pascal Lamy can be found here.TOP