OECD publishes STI Outlook 2016
The OECD has published the electronic version of its STI Outlook 2016 online. The STI Outlook includes country profiles with indicators, policy profiles with recent developments in STI, and an interactive STI indicators platform. The STI Outlook is based on a major review of key global trends in science, technology and innovation (STI) and STI policies which the OECD carries out every two years. The OECD also examines the performance of individual countries in science and innovation, along with the most recent national innovation policy developments. A synthesis of the OECD's work is included in the STI Outlook.
The key messages of the OECD STI Outlook 2016 are the following:
- Megatrends are shaping future STI capacities and activities.
- Technology is set to disrupt societies, with tremendous potential but uncertain outcomes.
- Public science has a central role to play, provided it can manage its own transition.
- Government will increasingly work with wider society to shape and exploit STI.
- Today, policy attention remains focused on immediate economic imperatives.
- International cooperation for R&D and innovation are essential.
For more information: