Commission announces members of “Lamy”-group
On 29 November 2016 the European Commission has announced the 12 members of the new High Level Group that will formulate a vision for future EU research and innovation and make recommendations on maximising the impact of EU investments in this area. The group is chaired by Pascal Lamy, President Emeritus of the Jacques Delors Institute.
The "High Level Group on Maximising the Impact of EU Research and Innovation Programmes" has been etsablished in the context of the Horiton 2020 interim evaluation and brings together personalities from across Europe members appointed in their personal capacity:
• Chair: Pascal Lamy
• Martin Brudermüller - BASF SE
• Mark Ferguson - Science Foundation Ireland
• Lykke Friis - University of Copenhagen
• Cristina Garmendia - Fundación Cotec
• Iain Gray - Cranfield University
• Jan Gulliksen - KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm
• Harri Kulmala- DIMECC Ltd, Tampere
• Nevenka Maher - Faculty of Business & Management Sciences Novo mesto
• Maya Plentz Fagundes - 50More Ventures
• Lucyna A. Woźniak - Medical University of Łódź
• Milena Žic Fuchs - Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts
The High Level Group will start its work in December 2016. It will base its work on the results of the interim evaluation of Horizon 2020 and other evidence such as the results of the related public consultation, which is open until 15 January 2017. The Group's final report will be published in June 2017, followed by a stakeholder conference on 30 June 2017 in Brussels. The Group's recommendations will be taken forward by the European Commission in the future development of EU research and innovation funding.