EIT sets up Alumni Community Board
The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) has announced the appointment of the first EIT Alumni Community Board. Its four members were nominated by the alumni associations and communities of the EIT KICs. Their task is to represent the entire EIT Alumni Community, and they are supported by an EIT Observer.
The Inaugural EIT Alumni Community Board comprises:
- President - Estefanía Tapias (Climate-KIC Alumni Association President)
- Vice President & Communications Officer - Borce Stojkovski (EIT Digital Alumni)
- Treasurer - Antonio Martínez Millana (EIT Health Alumni)
- Community Officer - Claudio Geyken (KIC InnoEnergy, Community Officer)
- EIT Observer - Nadja Dokter (EIT, Head of Strategy and Impact Section)
The first and inaugural meeting of the Board took place on 8 April 2016. Opening the meeting, EIT Interim Director Martin Kern stressed how important EIT Alumni are to the whole EIT Community, noting that the new Board has a “powerful platform” to drive collaboration initiatives, to harness the massive potential of all EIT Alumni, and to provide effective representation for the entire community.
The EIT Alumni Community Board will expand in future to include alumni from new innovation communities such as EIT Food and EIT Manufacturing to be designated later this year.
For more information:TOP