EIT to launch new 2016 KIC Call for Food and Manufacturing
The European Institute of Technology (EIT) has announced that it will be launching a call for two new Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs):
• EIT Food: ensuring a climate-resilient and sustainable global food value chain
• EIT Manufacturing: strengthening and increasing the competitiveness of Europe’s manufacturing industry.
The timetable for this 2016 KIC Call is as follows:
- October 2015: publication of the Selection Criteria
- November 2015: publication of the Framework of Guidance
- 14 January 2016: launch of the EIT 2016 Call for KIC Proposals
- 18 February 2016: Information Day in Brussels
- 14 July 2016: Closure of the 2016 Call for KIC Proposals
- 16-17 November 2016: Designation of the two new KICs “EIT Food” and “EIT Manufacturing
The EIT is part of Horizon 2020 and has a budget of €2.4 billion from 2014 to 2020. It aims to create sustainable growth and jobs by boosting innovation and entrepreneurship in Europe. The EIT has so far set up five cross-border KICs that bring together leading universities, research centres and companies, to develop innovative products and services, generate new companies and train a new generation of entrepreneurs.
For more information: