CORDIS research*eu results magazine focuses on seas and oceans
CORDIS has published the latest issue of its research*eu results magazine, with a special focus on seas and oceans, on the occasion of World Oceans Day.
According to experts, an incredible 95% of the world’s oceans have not been explored yet, despite covering over 70 % of the planet’s surface. These figures contrast not only with the critical role oceans play in our lives – be it for fisheries, trade, transport or scientific discoveries – but also with scientists’ current race against time when it comes to both discovering oceans’ well-kept secrets and preserving them from the effects of climate change. The current issue of the research*eu results magazine contains ten articles (including four exclusive interviews) covering the three topics deep-sea exploration, preserving resources of the sea and better understanding the impact of climate change on marine ecosystems.
Other topics in this edition include the following:
- Empowering patients and improving treatment of Parkinson's disease
- Posture affects infants’ capacity to identify objects, study finds
- Sugar and jute aeroplane panels
- Enzymes - a new weapon in the war on drugs in water
- Switching Europe onto the next mobile generation
- Automating logistics for the factory of the future
- Organic materials show their magnetic nature
For more information:
http://cordis.europa.eu/research-eu/magazine_en.html (for downloading the research*eu results magazine)