17 May 2022
Seven new members join EUA
The European University Association (EUA) has announced that seven new members have joined the organisation. On 27 April 2022, the EUA Council approved the applications of seven new members, a change in membership status for one existing member, and three affiliates. With the addition of a member from San Marino, the European University Association now represents universities from all 49 European Higher Education Area countries.
The following institutions are now individual full members:
- University of Georgia (Georgia)
- University of Hohenheim (Germany)
- Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences (Greece)
- University of the Republic of San Marino (San Marino)
- Aston University (United Kingdom)
- University of Essex (United Kingdom)
The application of the University of Nicosia (Cyprus) to become an individual full member, having previously held individual associate membership, was also approved by the EUA Council.
The University of Mitrovica “Isa Boletini” has become an individual associate member.
Three universities are now new affiliates to the organisation:
- European Universities in Egypt (Egypt)
- Mediterranean College (Greece)
- Malta Further and Higher Education Authority (Malta)
For more information: