01 Dec 2021
REA is looking for experts for EU Mission "A Soil Deal for Europe"
The European Research Executive Agency (REA) is looking for experts in soil-related fields to evaluate and select the best proposals for EU research funding for the Mission "A Soil Deal for Europe" under Horizon Europe. REA is looking for experienced and motivated specialists in soil-related fields to evaluate and select the best innovative ideas that could advance the protection and restoration of soils in Europe and beyond.
In particular, REA is looking for experts from local and regional administrations as well as experts from civil society, universities, research institutes and industry. Applicants should be specialists with relevant professional experience and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Drivers and indicators of soil health and land degradation;
- The co-creation of public and private solutions for protection and restoration of soil health;
- Soil health co-benefits;
- Innovative finance options to promote soil health, sustainable land use and soil practices, as well as new value chains and products;
- The relationship between safe food systems and soil health;
- Earth observation and digital technologies, including knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things (IoT);
- Soil literacy and citizen science;
- Social innovation including knowledge transfer and educational strategies.
Experts will assess proposals submitted to Horizon Europe funding to advance the goals set up by the EU Mission: A Soil Deal for Europe. The selected experts will work individually and in teams, remotely or in person. They will be selected on the basis of their professional and technical expertise, language skills and absence of conflict of interest of the different profiles registered on the European Commission’s database. REA is aiming to compose balanced panels of experts in terms of geographical origin, business and private sector, and gender.
For more information: