22 Mar 2017
Norway presents its preliminary positions on the next Framework Programme
Norway has published a paper containing its preliminary positions on the next Framework Programme for Research and Innovation (FP9). The paper was sent to Commissioner Moedas on 9 March 2017.
In this paper, Norway emphasises that FP9 should contribute to a "green shift" and renewal in our economies and societies, with an emphasis on digitalisation, green innovation and blue growth. The five key principles of the next FP should be excellence, impact, openness, simplicity and a clear emphasis on European Added Value.
As for the design and structure of the next FP, Norway highlights the following points:
- Keep the integrated framework for research and innovation, but consider the balance carefully.
- Develop a better framework for synergies and division of labour with the national level, based on European Added Value
- Provide for a flexible and learning programme with more possibilities for adjustments in the implementation phase
- Continue supporting the European Research Area and ensure better cooperation between FP9 and the JPIs
- Strengthen interdisciplinary research and aim for more high-risk research and innovation projects
- Continue implementing the three O's both in FP9 and ERA
- Ensure a more comprehensive approach to innovation, encompassing both technological and non-technological innovation.
To download Norway's Preliminary Positions on the next Framework Programme for Research and Innovation ("FP9"), please click here.