08 Jul 2021
New Strategic Advisory Board for EU Quantum Flagship appointed
On 7 July 2021, the newly appointed Strategic Advisory Board (SAB) for the Quantum Technology Flagship held its first meeting. The main task of the group is to provide advice for strategic decision-making and assist the Commission concerning the implementation of existing Union legislation, programmes, and policies. The group was launched by the Commission in 2018 and the mandate of the current members was coming to an end.
As a result of a call, nine individual experts were selected, appointed according to their personal capacities, as well as industry representative experts, appointed on behalf of their companies. The new SAB will be chaired by Jürgen Mlynek, Professor of Experimental Physics, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (Germany) and former President of the Helmholtz Association of National Research Centres. The Board will also have as experts:
- Ana Sanpera, ICREA Professor of quantum information at the Autonomous University of Barcelona (Spain);
- Andreas Tuennermann, director of the Fraunhofer Institute of Applied Optics and Precision Engineering in Jena (Germany);
- Iuliana Radu, Director of Quantum and Exploratory Computing at imec (The Netherlands);
- Massimo Inguscio, Professor of Physics at LENS & the University of Florence and former president of the Italian National Research Council (Italy);
- Pascale Senellart-Mardon, research director at the Laboratory of Photonics and Nanostructures of the CNRS and a lecturer at the École Polytechnique (France);
- Radu Ionicioiu, researcher at the Department of Theoretical Physics of the Horia Hulubei National Institute of Physics and Nuclear Engineering (Romania);
- Rogier Verberk, Director of Semiconductor Equipment, Quantum Technologies, Smart Industry, Medical Instrumentation at TNO (The Netherlands), and
- Vladimir Buzek, Professor of Theoretical Physics and researcher at the Institute of Physics, of the Slovak Academy of Sciences (Slovakia).