23 Sep 2020
EUA calls for excellent, open and inclusive Europe
On the occasion of the 2020 European Research and Innovation Days - currently being held as a virtual conference - the European University Association (EUA) has published a policy input paper, calling for an excellent, open and inclusive Horizon Europe. The recommendations are the Association’s contribution to the discussion on the future European research and innovation landscape.
The EUA recommendations cover the following issues:
- prioritising excellent, collaborative and multidisciplinary research
- supporting the mission-based approach with adequate evaluation methods and governance
- mainstreaming open science
- promoting inclusion and distributing excellence
- developing a broader concept of impact
- unleashing the potential of innovation.
EUA input paper: "An excellent, open and inclusive Horizon Europe"