01 Dec 2022
EC launches consultation on past, present and future of EU Horizon R&I Framework Programmes
On 1 December 2022, the European Commission (EC) launched the largest public consultation ever held on the past, present and future of the EU’s Horizon research and innovation programmes 2014-2027. With this consultation, the Commission is collecting input which will be used for:
- the ex-post evaluation of Horizon 2020,
- the mid-term evaluation of Horizon Europe,
- the Horizon Europe Strategic Plan 2025-2027.
According to the Commission, the public consultation allows participants to:
- point out the achievements and shortcomings of the previous EU research and innovation programme Horizon 2020, its relevance and the procedures associated with the application process and funding management;
- express views on Horizon Europe’s design and implementation up until now;
- identify future priorities for Horizon Europe’s Strategic Plan 2025-2027, providing inputs on emerging research and innovation needs, on synergies across EU programmes, etc.
The consultation is open from 1 December 2022 until 23 February 2023. Questions are accessible in English, German and French. Participants can reply in all EU languages. Stakeholders are encouraged to reply to multiple-choice and open questions and are invited to submit position papers. Respondents can choose to reply to one, two or all three parts of the questionnaire.
For more information:
For any questions related to the consultation, please contact RTD-PUBLIC-CONSULTATION-HORIZON@ec.europa.eu