15 Apr 2021
EC adopts guidance documents to start operation of InvestEU Programme
On 15 April 2021, the European Commission (EC) adopted various implementing acts and guidance documents relating to the InvestEU programme.
- The Investment Guidelines offer detailed information on the requirements that financing and investment operations must satisfy in order to receive support from the InvestEU Fund. Those guidelines are now subject to a two-month non-objection period by the European Parliament and the Council before they enter into force.
- The Sustainability Proofing Guidance details how financing and investment operations under the InvestEU Fund are to meet the three dimensions of the EU's sustainability commitments: climate, environmental and social. This guidance will be complemented in the coming weeks with an additional climate and environmental tracking guidance.
- The Implementing Decision establishing the InvestEU Portal lays down simplified rules for the functioning of the easily-accessible database of investment opportunities within the EU.
The EC has also taken a series of decisions related to the governance of InvestEU, covering
- the nominations to the Advisory Board which will convence for the first time at the end of April;
- the appointment of the EC's four members and four alternates to the Steering Board;
- a Decision on the call to select members of the Investment Committee, to be launched on the InvestEU website in the next few days.
As a next step, the Commission will need to conclude the guarantee and advisory agreements and the selection of implementing partners other than the EIB Group. To this end a call for expression of interest will be launched end of April.
For more information: