20 Oct 2023
Commission adopts updated SET Plan
On 20 October 2023, the European Commission adopted a revision of the Strategic Energy Technology (SET) Plan. The aim of the update is to ensure a coordinated approach towards achieving Europe's decarbonisation goals, supporting strategic net-zero technologies, and building a sustainable and resilient energy future and industrial competitiveness.
With this revision, the Commission will take action in the following areas:
- Include new priorities on cross-cutting issues, including sustainability by design, skills development, research and innovation, tailored to societal needs, digitalisation, and market accessibility.
- Expand the current technology scope to encompass all strategic renewable energy technologies.
- Establish a dedicated workstream on hydrogen to implement the ‘ERA pilot on Green Hydrogen'.
- Forge cooperation between the European Technology and Innovation Platforms and the European industrial alliances, including the Battery Alliance, the Clean Hydrogen Alliance, and the Solar PV Industry Alliance.
- Provide a roadmap for progress that will continue to be monitored through the SET Plan information system (SETIS).
For more information: