Currently the SWG HRM is focusing on the following thematic priorities:
- Contribution to the next Framework program (FP9) in the areas of our work and our mission.
- Promotion and development of research careers and inter-sectoral mobility of researchers.
- Synergies between ERA and EHEA and issues related to higher education, training, researchers careers, and the knowledge triangle (education, research and innovation).
- Synergies with the Open Science agenda, and follow-up on open science skills & education, as well as rewards and recognition in collaboration with SWI OS/OI
- Synergies with gender equality and the integration of gender dimensions in the research and innovation content; specifically related to human resources policies in research in collaboration with SWG GI.
- Follow-up on ERA priority 3 national action plans and its relation to national research and innovation systems, specifically in the top areas identified, such as inter-sectoral mobility, open labour market for researchers, open transparent and merit based recruitment.